The IEEE Photonics Society is proud to offer a vibrant and diverse portfolio of technical conferences, providing a unique opportunity to participate in the advancement of the industry’s research base. Attendees can interact with other photonics professionals and engage in expert panel discussions, tutorial sessions, short courses, supplier exhibits, and social events with the leaders and innovators of the photonics industry.
At the heart of the Society's conference portfolio are the flagship events solely owned and managed by the IEEE Photonics Society:
- The IEEE Photonics Conference (IPC) which in addition to serving as the Society's Annual Meeting offers technical presentations by the world’s leading scientists and engineers in the areas of lasers, optoelectronics, optical fiber networks and associated lightwave technologies and applications.
- Avionics Fiber-Optics & Photonics Conference (AVFOP) is an application-oriented conference covering all aspects of avionics fiber optic system architectures and networking schemes.
- Group IV Photonics Conference (GFP) is a leading international conference focused on silicon photonics and other Group IV element-based photonic materials and devices.
- Summer Topicals Meeting Series (SUM) is the society's premier conference for emerging fields in photonic science, device technologies, and applications.
- Optical Interconnects Conference (OI) brings together researchers and engineers from multiple disciplines to discuss advanced interconnect technologies for applications at all levels of computing granularity from the chip to the enterprise.
Click on the appropriate link to learn more about each of these events, including dates and locations, how to submit a paper, and how to register.
Financially and Technically Co-sponsored Events
In addition to our flagship events, the Society cosponsors dozens of other world-class events each year with various partner institutions and organizations. Some of the these, such as OFC and CLEO are financially co-sponsored, meaning the society shares ownership of the events with our partners. The Society also technically co-sponsors many conferences each year, sharing in the stewardship of the technical programs of these events and publishing the proceedings. Browse the cosponsored events links on the left to learn more about these conferences and workshops.