Awards & Recognition
The IEEE Photonics Society Awards Program advances the interests of its members by recognizing their contributions in advancing the fields of interest to the benefit of society. Awards have been established to recognize outstanding achievements and for those accomplishments which enhance the quality of life for all people throughout the world. These awards may be presented annually when, in the judgment of the Awards committee, suitable candidates are available. These awards are presented by the Photonics Society President at the IEEE Photonics conference,or by a designee at an IEEE technical conference or symposium as recommended by the relevant selection committee. The IPS Awards Program relies upon the expertise and support of volunteers to continue to recognize the technological advancements that have advanced society.
2018 IEEE Photonics Society Award Recipients Announced
The IEEE Photonics Society is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2018 Photonics Society Awards. The recipients will be honored during the Awards Banquet being held at the 2018 IEEE Photonics Conference in Reston, Virginia, USA, on Oct. 1, 2018.
Join us in congratulating the following honorees:
- Aron Kressel Award; Rui Q. Yang, University of Oklahoma
- Engineering Achievement Award; Dalma Novak, Pharad, LLC.
- Quantum Electronics Award; James Roy Taylor, Imperial College London
- William Streifer Scientific Achievement Award; Roland Ryf, Nokia Bell Labs
- Young Investigator Award; Yu Shrike Zhang, Bringham & Women’s Medical Center, Harvard Medical School