Awards & Recognition
The IEEE Photonics Society Awards Program advances the interests of its members by recognizing their contributions in advancing the fields of interest to the benefit of society. Awards have been established to recognize outstanding achievements and for those accomplishments which enhance the quality of life for all people throughout the world. These awards may be presented annually when, in the judgment of the Awards committee, suitable candidates are available. These awards are presented by the Photonics Society President at the IEEE Photonics conference,or by a designee at an IEEE technical conference or symposium as recommended by the relevant selection committee. The IPS Awards Program relies upon the expertise and support of volunteers to continue to recognize the technological achievements that have advanced society.
Please note that no candidate for a Photonics Society Career Award shall have previously received a major IEEE award (e.g. technical field awards, medals) for the same work. Previous winners of a Photonics Society Career Award (Aron Kressel, Engineering Achievement, Quantum Electronics, William Streifer Scientific Achievement) are not eligible candidates for consideration of the same work.
2021 IEEE Photonics Society Award Recipients Announced
The IEEE Photonics Society is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2021 Photonics Society Awards.
Join us in congratulating the following honorees:
- Aron Kressel Award; Hui Cao, Yale University
- Engineering Achievement Award; Jose Capmany, Universitat Politecnica de Valencia, Instituto iTEAM
- Laser Instrumentation Award; Scott Diddams, University of Colorado, Andrew 'AJ Metcalf, AirForce Research Laboratory, Connor Fredrick, Univeristy of Colorado
- Quantum Electronics Award; Miles Padgett, University of Glasgow
- Technical Skills Educator Award; Lukas Chrostowski, University of British Columbia
- William Streifer Scientific Achievement Award; Paras Prasad, University of Buffalo - SUNY
- 2022 Young Investigator Award; Deep Jariwala, University of Pennsylvania