GSF Award Application Requirements
Eligibility: Fellowship applicants must be an active IEEE Photonics Society student member pursuing a graduate education within the Photonics Society field of interest.Students should normally be in their penultimate year of study at the time of applying. (i.e. those applying in May 2018 would normally expect to defend their theseis during 2019).
Applications must be submitted by May 30th each year with the following:
- Cover letter to include name, address, email, IEEE member number, expected date of submission of the thesis, and a listing of any activities related to Photonics Society, along with the names and contact information of two references.
- A one-page CV, including all degrees received and dates.
- One copy of educational transcripts.
- A 300-word statement of purpose describing the student’s research project and interests. The statement is to include the background to the project, what the student has achieved so far and how the research will be continued and developed by the student over the rest of the project A list of the student’s publications with the most significant paper indicated and a 100-word description of the significance of the paper. Please include IEEE Photonics Society journal publications if any.
- Two reference letters from individuals familiar with the student's research and educational credentials.
- Note that additional information and submissions over the specified word count will not be forwarded to the evaluating committee.