Changes to chapter officer information needs to be submitted to both IEEE and IPS. Please report changes to IEEE via the vTools OfficerReporting Tool and access to the tool requires use of an IEEE Account. To report officer changes to IEEE Photonics Society, please email L.Sandt@ieee.org.
IEEE Chapter Report (L-31 Form)
The IEEE requires that the chapters submit the L-31 report form as the permanent records of the Section Secretary. A minimum of two reports per year are required for the chapter to remain active.
Other Resources for Chapter Chairs:
- Extensive institute-wide resources for volunteers involved with chapters.
- IEEE OU Analytics is the visual business intelligence tool for volunteer access to memebr data.
- WebEx is a web conferencing tool designed for real time online meetings, webinars, training, demos and presentations.
- The Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE) offers a ‘one stop’ training solution designed to serve the multiple and diverse range of IEEE user communities. From volunteers, non-volunteers to students, members, and conference organizers, the site offers a simpler and effective learning experience.
- Logos and Templates for use with your chapter related promotions and websites.
Monthly Chapter Leadership Forum Slides:
New Working with Children Guidelines
Through outreach and education initiatives, IEEE volunteers may support STEM efforts with children in diverse ways (examples below). However, all volunteers who interact with children, i.e. in-person or online, are now required to complete an online training and register all STEM events.
- Afterschool Programs & Clubs
- Mentoring Programs
- STEM Workshops
- Classroom Instruction
The online training is delivered by IEEE’s partner, Praesidium. The training must be completed every three years. If you currently participate in activities that involve working with children, or plan to do so, please review the following important documents. The Guidelines are referenced within the IEEE Civility Policy.
These procedures apply to events that are specifically designed for children and IEEE Photonics staff will require the training to be taken by volunteers before any grant funding will be issued.
- IEEE Guidelines For Working With Children (PDF, 683 KB)
- IEEE Policies (PDF, 1 MB)
- IEEE Activities with Children FAQs (PDF, 472 KB)