Humanitarian & Public Imperative Committee
The IEEE Photonics Society's Board of Governors established the Humanitarian & Public Imperative Committee to oversee the direction of humanitarian technology initiatives as well as public imperative campaigns brought to the Society for consideration. The Committee also leads the future direction of the IEEE Photonics Fund.
Such efforts include (but are not limited to):
- Serving as a founding partner of the International Day of Light;
- Supporting the IEEE Humanitarian Activities' funding calls for chapter & community participation;
- Reviewing grant proposals in support of underserved communities and UNESCO's Sustainable Development Goals;
- Endorsing national consortia campaigns, such as the National Photonics Initiative & National Quantum Initiative;
- Serving as Society liaise to IEEE USA, the IEEE Foundation & IEEE SIGHT.
Chair & Past President Click for role description
Humanitarian Activities RepresentativeClick for role description
University of Toronto