The IEEE Photonics Society established an Education Committee to foster and provide quality, educational initiatives for the Society and photonics community-at-large, i.e. members, professionals, educators, K-12 students and the public. The Committee and its leaders also focus on practical learning and professional development resources to provide soft skills training beyond the classroom and lab.
- Deliver continuing education products, professional development opportunities and educational activities;
- Support the creation of K-20 STEM education materials, programs and teaching modules;
- Devise hands-on trainings, remote learning resources, eLearning courses, tutorials, etc.;
- Facilitate education awards and scholarships as well as job search tools and academic exhanges;
- Partner with coalition groups on community college, technician and vocational school programs for photonics.