The IEEE Photonics Society’s Membership Council was formed to ensure that the interests of the members are addressed, to oversee the direction of the Society’s chapters and to initiate programs that add value to the membership and photonics community at large. The Membership Council also leads the Society's membership recruitment and retention strategies.
The Membership Council is chaired by the IEEE Photonics Society’s Vice President of Membership and consists of the President, the President‐Elect, Associate Vice Presidents segmented by the Society’s strategic areas of focus, the Newsletter Editor and the four Board of Governors Members serving the second year of their elected terms. A complete roster is below.
Membership Council Strategic Objectives
- Enhance the coordination between the Society’s activities at the local chapter and international levels;
- Provide a long-term membership career paths to guide members at they transition from student to member to leader;
- Expand the diversity of the photonics community by increasing the participation of women, students, Young Professionls, underrepresented minorities, and members from developing nations;
- Increase education, training, mentorship, and networking opportunities for the photonics community in academia, industry and government;
- Increase volunteering opportunities within the Society;
- Educate public and government leaders on the capabilities and benefits of photonic technology.
VP MembershipClick for role description
AVP Chapter RelationsClick for role description
AVP DiversityClick for role description
AVP Equity & InclusionClick for role description
AVP STEM OutreachClick for role description
AVP Women in PhotonicsClick for role description
AVP Young ProfessionalsClick for role description
AVP Member AdvancementClick for role description
AVP CommunicationsClick for role description
Newsletter Editor-in-Chief Click for role description
2nd Year Elected Board of Governors MemberClick for role description